Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bulgari Omnia Amethyste


According to Bulgari, Omnia Amethyste's olfactive notes include:

Top Notes: green sap and grapefruit
Heart: iris flower and bulgarian rosebud
Base: Heliothrope and solar wood

I've been eyeing this fragrance for a while! Ever since I smelled it in passing in Sephora. It smelled strongly of lilac.

And when I saw a cute little vial for only $20, I couldn't resist.

Although there is no lilac in its notes!

I do smell the green sap--it is lovely, refreshing, and prominent! Reminds me of a green garden. And smelling like one is surprisingly pleasant.

As the top notes evaporate, a floral fragrance remains. I can't say I detect rose or iris in it. To be truthful, I'm not sure what iris smells like.

But it is a lovely scent. Underlying the development of the perfume is something pleasant, not quite musky but unusual (heliothrope?). Uniquely Bulgari.

One thing I'm not a fan of is Bulgari's describing the scent as reminiscent of jewels (amethysts in particular). Now I do admit I've never smelled an amethyst, and perhaps it is one of the most fragrant things in the world, but I can't seem to relate. Will update when I find some amethysts to sniff...

No comments:

Post a Comment